Thursday, June 3, 2010

Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem ..... or something like that.



This blog is dedicated to my sister Lorraine, The Late Stork and Ambrosia who in their 'joire de vivre' have left an indelible imprint on my mind.

These three animated ladies, remind me of those puppies one sees at the pet shop; the ones that come running to the fencing, get up on their hind legs, faces smiling and with a look that says "Take me, take me, I have things to do!"

The Late Stork and Ambrosia have kept me so entertained during the past months that I find it difficult keeping up just reading about their experiences. One minute they are travelling to some beautiful location in the Cape, the next they are forming a 'Supper Club' and holding a dinner for some 12- 15 strangers and next you look, they have whisked themselves away to a retreat, for a weekend which requires focus and meditation

Lorraine on the other hand, approaches whatever she does with the same fervour. Her home is always a 'work in progress'. There is always a project on the go to change this, improve that and make an already beautiful home, more so. Add to this her wanderlust as well as her ability to relocate to another country. Lorraine has travelled to more countries than I can name and her spontaneity and ability to adapt to change is to be admired.

When I think about it these ladies have a lot in common. They are each eccentric in their own way (Ambrosia more so), sensuous and compassionate. They are also not scared of failure therefore face new experiences and challenges head on. They have dared to dabble their toes in unknown waters, dive in and swim hell for leather to the other side.

Thank you ladies; I picture you in your old age, happy and laughing away while relating experiences with grandchildren around your knees, listening in awe to the stories you have to tell, which reminds me..........I must rush off, I bet The Late Stork and Ambrosia have a new blog for me to read!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute - thanks a lot Dancing Wind. It's funny how we each view ourselves and then how others see us, isn't it?

    Can you please send C a message via Facebook with your email address as I would like to write to you but have dumped FB?

    Lots of love
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did comment here N, but I see it was lost. fok. anyway thanks for the tribute. I doubt I shall see old age but I try to do as much as I can in the interim. However I wish I was more like you, gentler, and kind and non complaining and loving.

    xxx I admire YOU greatly
    coll

    ReplyDelete