Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chronicles of a Friendship

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.

Anais Nin


From the time I found I was physically unable to work due to my illness, I began receiving text messages from a lady, Jenni, whose son was a squad member for Easterns tennis. I was quite surprised by this, not having had many friends in my life and I really struggled to comprehend her kindness towrds someone she barely knew.


As time went by, Jenni continued to communicate with me and things progressed from text messaging to e-mailing and now, reading my blogs. I cannot over-emphasise how much her communicating with me and befriending me has meant. Jenni has since introduced me to a friend of hers named Beth.


Below you will find some of the writing that has transpired between the three of us and I am sure that from this you will see just how special they are:


Beth May 2, 2010 (Text message)

Father,I lift this special lady up to you. Please make her strong and spoil her with blessings from above. Holdher close to your heart and protect her. Amen.


Beth May 3, (Email)

I think we need to get our 'wellies' out. It is the best weather to mess about in boats.


Beth May 4, 2010 (Email)

I really do not know when this weather is going to stop - today the mist was like 'pea green soup'. Oh well I think we should be in Venice - what a good time we could have shopping!


Jenni May 4, 2010 (Email)

Hey girl. This weather does not help those achin' bones. No more rain for Dancing Wind please, some sunshine would do the trick and warm them bones.


Jenni May 4, 2010 (Email)

Girls just remember we are the rainbow girl trio. When you are feeling a little bit better Dancing Wind, the 3 of us are going to spend some time together. Beth and I will wait patiently for you to tell us when, where and what you want to do. Now that is if you want to spend time with one sentimal girl, that is Beth, and one looney bin, that'sme.


Jenni May 5, 2010 (Text message)

Thinking of you dear friend and wishing you no pain and discomfort. God bless you.


Jenni May 5, 2010 (Email)

Girls, with Lolly Jackson passing, we can now get a part time job at Teazers.
We don't have to look like those girls from the Eastern Block countries who have the longest legs, cutest buns, prettiest faces and stunning bodies. We are like them, and now we don't have to worry anymore, because he won't be doing the interviewing and declining our applications JUST BECAUSE WE ARE OLDER or TAKE LONGER TO GET UP THAT POLE?

Now how does extra pocket money sound to you?


Jenni May 9, Mothers Day (Text message)

On this your SPECIAL DAY I hope you are feeling better and whatever you do I hope you enjoy. Be happy super mom. All my love.


Beth May 9, Mothers Day (Text message)

Every precious mother is a glimpse of God. It is one of life's best blessings, a priceless gift that can never be bought, sold or forgotten. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!


Jenni May 11, 2010

To Beth and Dancing Wind

Thank you for your friendship.

Love Jen


Giving your Best
It's the hand we clasp with an honest grasp
that gives a hearty thrill;
It's the good we pour into other's lives
that comes back our own to fill.

It's the dregs we drain from another's cup
that makes our own seem sweet;
and the hours we give to another's need
that makes our life complete.

It's the burdens we help another bear
that makes our own seem light.
It's the anger seen in another's feet
that shows us the path to right

It's the good we do each passing day,
with a heart sincere and true;
In giving the world your very best
It's best will return to you


Beth May,11 2010 (Text message to Jen and I)

May the angels dance in your dreams tonight, may you sleep softly as upon the clouds and may you wake up to a great new day filled with sunshine and fields of joy. Sleep well. God bless.


Beth May 12, 2010 (Email)

I think we should be known as the 'The Three Musketeers' - all for one and one for all!!! We are in this together.


Beth May 13, 2010 (Email)

My wish for both of you today is:

May God be above you - for blessings
Below you - for support
Before you - for guidance
Behind you - for protection
Beside you - for comfort
Inside you - for sustenance.


Jenni May 13, 2010 (Special message for Jared on hearing that he had won a trophy for 'Best Speaker' in his Grade.


Dear Jared


This is a personal message for you. When you children excel at something, no matter how big or how small, you have no idea what it means to us. You children are so courageous, confident and so amazingly special that you make us proud to be your parents. Your achievements, sense of humour and ability to excel no matter what is going on in your head or hearts is to be marvelled at.


Well done Jared, you have done your mom proud and Beth and I (we are now your adopted aunties). Keep up the good work.


PS. Keep speaking Jared, for there are so many you can reach. It is a gift few people can boast about.


Love Jen



Hey Dancing Wind


Well done mom. When your children make you so proud, is it not strange that for a moment in time you feel no pain, no fear. This is the magic our children put into our lives, for without them, our live mean nothing.


Love Jen


Beth May 16, 2010 (Text message)

When you feel alone, look at the spaces between your fingers and remember that in those spaces, even if you cant see, are God's fingers locked with yours forever!


Beth May 17, 2010 (Text message)

Hi Dancing Wind, I will be thinking of you on Friday. Sometimes we try to move a giant tree when God only expects us to plant a seed......Do what you can and God will do what you cannot!!

Have a restful night.

Luv Beth


Jenni May 20, 2010 (Email)


DEDICATION


For Beth and Dancing Wind


I search the archives of moments stored in my mind
moments of love, moments of joy and achievements.
Jumbled amongst these treasured thoughts
swirl images of hurt, pain and failure.
But just as quickly fade, as the message of God's beautiful power
reminds me,
to be strong, to be forever grateful,
to remember that I am not alone in my passage of life.
That for every seed I sow, shall bring jubilation.
Shall any storm come, I will greet the rainbow.
Take me to a place of pain,
or fear,
He, like the wind on a crisp winter's morn,
will carry my thoughts, my living being,
to a place, where there is love,
compassion, appreciation,
that does not judge me, for
what I have done
but believes only,
in what I am, and can do
in days to come.
For it was faith, love and kindness,
that took me to a place,
few can be priviledged to say,
they have spent time,
it is a warm, special and enriching abode,
and the blessings in my life,
have chosen to call it .......
FRIENDSHIP

Love Jen


Jenni May 21, 2010 (Text message received prior to receiving Chemo)

Thinking of you special girl.

Love Jen



I cant wait to meet with these two special ladies when I am physically well enough!
























2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog Dancing Wind. And these ladies sound very special as well. I love the poems, quote and the messages - especially the one written to Jared and to you on the night he got his award.

    They too should start a blog as we would all be lucky to share in it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people just have a way with words and there truly are guardian angels in this world, I am so happy you have encountered them.
    Love you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete