Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Prisms


I have always loved prisms, crystals and lights ever since I saw the movie "PollyAnna" as a child.

Many of you may never have seen the movie but today prisms still enchant me as much as they did then.

How does a prism work? Basically light passes through the glass, slows down and then leaves the glass again at a faster speed. The light, depending on whether it reaches the glass head on or at an angle, will result in the light being refracted and/or reflected.

People have played the part of light in my life and the principles mentioned above have been clearly demonstrated to me.

Some lights have been ever present, always encouraging and bringing out the the best in me to present to the world.

With others, the light has been refracted, insidious and almost elusive but still enough to elicit another hue to my personality spectrum.

Lastly there have been those brilliant rays of light on the darkest of days, from the least expected sources.

These are what have kept my prism dancing.

I wonder what my colours will reflect today.........

2 comments:

  1. Lovely way of looking at life, and the people in one's life! I have not seen the movie but have always been attracted to prisms myself, the most famous pic of one being on the Dark Side of the Moon album by Pink floyd, of course. I wanted to get that as a tattoo! I'll be back to visit your blog again.

    Love the name Dancing Wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way of looking at life and the impact people have on it. I too love prisms - have a crystal that hangs in my room and reflects the light. It is not up now due to moving, but will put it up later today after your reminder. Thanks

    ReplyDelete